You are hereHome › Events › Knowing, Learning, and Connecting - 1 year Nonviolent Communication training
Knowing, Learning, and Connecting - 1 year Nonviolent Communication training
Knowing, Living and Connecting through NVC
Compassion begins with you
This course is based on the skills of Nonviolent Communication (NVC), as pioneered by Marshall Rosenberg. There are four modules held between February and October 2018, each one a residential event held at An Tionól Cottage
- Creative & compassionate living Centre near Gort in county Galway.
The fourteen days of the training count towards CNVC certification. All modules are led by Sinhaketu with Marta Fabregat as host.
What is Nonviolent Communication (NVC)?
NVC was developed on the premise of a simple and powerful question: why do some people continue to act compassionately, even when deeply challenged? NVC, with an extensive international reputation is used in the areas of mediation, parenting, education, conflict resolution, psychotherapy, and social change to name but a few.
Who will benefit?
Open to people of all levels of NVC skill and experience, from beginners to teachers.
What’s on offer?
This is a real opportunity for personal and community transformation, getting to the roots of change and learning how to hold issues with compassionate means through deep listening and sharing in a wonderful community setting with real support.
- Come home to yourself with real inner healing
- Communication skills to improve or transform relationships at home and work.
- Learn to use NVC so you can help and support others.
- Enjoy community and making new friends whilst offering and gaining support & learning
- Experience and create a vision of kind of world you want to live in.
The course will offer a certificate of attendance and is valid as a contribution towards your cnvc certification process if this is your intention
Module One: Knowing NVC
- Vision, Feelings and Needs
- NVC Spirituality and Compassionate Connection
- Grounded and Embodied NVC
- Community as matrix for wellbeing
- 13 Step NVC Dance Floor
Module Two: Living NVC
- Intention and NVC consciousness
- Self-empathy dance floor
- Focusing within and empathic listening skills
- Grounded Aware Presence as the core paradigm
Module Three: Connection for Healing and Conflict
- Deepening practice using elements of the 13 step dance floor
- Healing through Presence
- Expressing and receiving dance
- Deepening community experience
Module Four: Only Connect and NVC
- Looking outwards NVC in the world
- 13 step dance floor: integration and wholeness
- Community support beyond the group
- Compassionate Connecting the inner and outer flow
Interim Support between Modules:
Skype or phone for ongoing learning and connection.
Notes on: Key Differentiations and overview CNVC certification process
Module One: 15 – 19 February 2018
Module Two: 26 – 30 April 2018
Module Three: 29 June – 01 July 2018 (2 days only)
Module Four: 11 – 15 October 2018
All modules start with a meal at 18.30 on the Thursday and finish at 16.00 on the Monday, or Sunday (as on module 3 only).
An Tionól Cottage Creative and Compassionate Living centre.
This is an intimate setting with only 12 places. The bookings are on a first come first served basis.
You will be invited to form Empathy Groups that will meet daily during the modules and continue in the times between the courses
10.00 Morning session
13.30 Lunch and free time.
15.00 – 16.00 Empathy Groups.
16.15 Afternoon session
19.00 Evening meal.
20.15 Creative activities; Singing and dancing, etc.
Training Prep: Read Marshall’s book Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life.
One fee for all four modules of the Year Training.
The fee includes
- Materials, including handouts
- Vegetarian food
- Accommodation in shared wooden cabins
We offer a sliding scale, to make it more accessible depending on your financial means:
Benefits or low-waged: Euro 1,700
Moderately comfortable: Euro 2000
A non refundable deposit of 30% is payable prior to the course module 1 attendance (i.e. 600 euro or 510 euro). Your place is secure after this booking payment.
A choice of 4 equal payments (one payment per module) is then an option or full payment up front.
Complete the booking form we will send you by email on interest.
Special needs: Please let us know if you have any special needs or diet considerations.
23/02/2018 to 25/02/2018
24/02/2018 to 25/02/2018
24/02/2018 to 25/02/2018